1. 1:1 Therapy: from 4-20 hours of direct therapy using a multidisciplinary framework.
2. 1:1 Educational Assistance: Shadow support at a school program, camp program or otherwise.
3. Group Therapy: using a 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1 format for Social Skills, Adaptive Functioning Skills and more.
4. Parent Coaching or Family Consultation
5. Program Consultation: for Schools, Camps, sports and other programs!
6. NEW: YOGA and MINDFUL MEDITATION:)
GET MORE INFO BELOW...
1:1 Therapy: from 4-20 hours of direct therapy using a multidisciplinary framework.
Packages: Full-Time Program Packages (12+ hrs./week), and Part-Time Packages are available, including those which are tailor made based on your budget!
Creating an Individualized Curriculum: ECMI combines elements of:
- IBI - Intensive Behavioural Intervention (a form of ABA: Applied Behavioural Analysis)
- Floortime and Relationship Development Intervention
- Sensory Integration Therapy (including recommendations from an Occupational Therapist, Neurologist, Vision Processing Specialist, and/or Audiologist)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
...to provide a program that is best suited to your child. *Note: we also work closely with the Naturopathic Doctors of our clients to uncover behavior or developmental variables related to diet and detoxification (we refer ONLY to those who believe in Individualized assessment and treatment...i.e. Gluten and Casein intolerances/allergies are NOT assumed, they are assessed)
ECMI Program Targets include:
- Executive Function and Adaptive Skills
- Behavior Modification
- Cognitive-Academic Skills
- Social Skills (social attention-referencing, turn-taking, joint attention)
- Play Skills (Independent and Interactive)
- Fine, Oral and Gross Motor Skills
- Speech and Language Skills
- Self-Help Skills (Dressing, eating, Self-Regulation)
- Sensory Integration
- Anxiety management
*Shadow's aka EA's (Educational Assistants) are available through ECMI to accompany your child to school or alternative program
1:1 Educational Assistance: Shadow support at a school program, camp program or otherwise.
From preschool-grade 6 in the regular Or private education programs, to summer camp, swimming school, karate or Dance...if your child needs support to reach their potential in a program, ECMI is here for YOU!
Group Therapy: using a 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1 format for Social Skills, Adaptive Functioning Skills and more.
- self-led activities (i.e. independent activity schedules incorporating homework, self-directed tasks, and independent play)
- interactive activities: group games and activities: seated, standing/active (i.e. board games, instructional/gym/camp games)
- regulative activities: Reg tools and practice (Zones of Regulation Group discussion and role-play, Body Break Group Targeting and Individual Targets for Rest Breaks and Exercise Breaks, Breath work and meditation), creative activities (mantra colouring pages, dream and manifestation boards, therapeutic dance, art therapy), Exercise (fast exercise i.e. HIIT exercises, slow movements i.e. yoga, BodyArt, Thai CHi, and dance)
Parent Coaching and/or Family Consultation
Parent Coaching and Support: ECMI offers services for parents interested in receiving coaching and/or family consultation:
- Behaviour Modification
- Time-Out strategies (regulation Time-Outs, not punitive)
- Toilet training
- Cooperative play (i.e. with siblings)
- Positive reinforcement
- Bed time routines (incl. Sleep Training)
- Consultation only for Multidisciplinary Therapy Program-DESIGN ONLY:
Starting with anIntake Assessment: To ensure families have fair access to a Multidisciplinary framework, ECMI now offers an Intake Assessment whereby a Case Manager will provide recommendations and referrals so a family can get therapy started even without using ECMI on a weekly or even monthly basis. Following the review of assessment reports, an observation at home and an observation within a social program (school, childcare, nursery school), a case manager will recommend specific therapeutic interventions, sometimes even skill targets, to get a child going.
Program Consultation: for Schools, Camps, sports and other programs
For Programs looking for support with Staffing or training: regulation tools, strategies, developing a curriculum, staff training, hiring staff trained in Shadow Assisting, Regulation Tools or more
NEW: YOGA and MINDFUL MEDITATION:)
- currently added into ECMI therapy Programs
KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OUT...A NEW YOGA AND MINDFUL MEDIATION PROGRAM IS IN THE WORKS NOW!!! If you're interested DO inquire!